It’s already mid-April, seriously where does the time go? And that means we’re officially three weeks out from She Recovers NYC! If you haven’t heard of this amazing 3-day event yet which takes place in New York City from May 5th through the 7th, you’re already missing out. But I’m going to tell you exactly why you need to be there.
This event sold out early on, however, about 20 spots just opened up a few days ago after cancellations so there are still tickets available to attend the conference physically. But you need to purchase these ASAP because they are first come first serve and then they’re gone: register here. Additionally, you can buy a digital ticket and attend from the comfort of your own home and from anywhere in the world! Purchase your She Recovers NYC Digital Ticket Here.
Let’s talk about why you NEED to be at this event (physically or digitally!)
1. The community – Over 500 women who are in or seeking recovery from something will be in attendance at this fabulous conference. Notable and celebrated women from all facets of life, including speakers and bloggers that are well-known in the recovery community will be there. You don’t have to be in recovery from alcohol addiction or drug addiction to attend, you can be in recovery or seeking recovery, from codependence, gambling, love and sex addiction, disordered eating, trauma, anxiety, depression, stress, emotional or sexual abuse, cancer, chronic illness, and the list goes on. When women get together in groups like this it’s powerful. I will be there meeting up with many women I’ve only known via the internet, which is amazing. There will be a lot of love, connection, and healing going on. You might make a new friend, or 500.
2. Yoga and other exercise options – Talking about and celebrating recovery wouldn’t be complete without mentioning exercise. The creators of She Recovers NYC included several options for all of us to participate in fitness while we’re there. On Saturday morning, there is a scheduled run with Susanne Navas, a life coach and triathlon coach who is in recovery and has completed two Ironmans. There is also yoga led by She Recovers co-founder Taryn Strong who is certified in yoga for recovery and trauma. Sunday offers a yoga class with Taryn and Elena Brower, author, woman in recovery and yoga teacher, called “Provoke Your Potential.” This class aims to recover your potential, open the space within, and invite your highest grace for meditation. Another option for Sunday is 5 Rhythms Dance, Medicine of Movement with Jilsarah Moscowitz. 5rhythms is a movement practice aimed to use the authentic body to heal the soul. All you need is an open heart and mind to participate. I’m looking forward to a lot of yoga, meditation, and running over the weekend. Note: if you are attending yoga sessions, you must bring your own yoga mat.
3. An impressive speaker and special guest lineup – Oh boy, I don’t know who I’m most excited to see speak in person! There are so many impressive women on this schedule I don’t know where to begin. Marianne Williamson, who I’ve really been into lately and just finished her book A Return To Love, is a spiritual author, lecturer, and political activist. Glennon Doyle Melton, author of Carry on Warrior and Love Warrior, founder of Momastery.com, and Together Rising, and power couple partner to one of my idols, Abby Wambach! Elizabeth Vargas, television journalist and 20/20 anchor released her memoir Between Breaths last year about addiction and anxiety. Gabby Bernstein, author of May Cause Miracles, is a spiritual activist and yoga and meditation teacher. Nikki Myers, the founder of The Yoga of 12 step recovery, will speak about codependency. I cannot wait to hear each and every one of them!
4. Meet and interact with the official sober blogger team – I’m proud to be one of 10 official sober bloggers that have been asked to promote and report live from the She Recovers NYC event. I’m in great company:
· Jean, McCarthy, The Unpickled Blog
· Julie Elsdon-Height, Sober Julie
· Julie Maida, Sober Mommies
· Jen McNeely, She Does the City
· Laura McKowen, Laura McKowen
· Holly Whittaker, Hip Sobriety
· Sasha Tozzi, Sasha Tozzi
· Laura Silverman, The Sobriety Collective
· Veronica Valli, Veronica Valli
You’ll be able to meet and interact with us at the Meet the Bloggers session on Friday night just before the mocktail reception. There will also be a ton of sober bloggers there who aren’t on this list, so don’t think these are the only ones who will be present! Carly Benson of Miracles Are Brewing and my partner for our eBook How To Quit Drinking, Beth Leipholtz of Life to Be Continued, and Lara Frazier of Lara Frazier to name a few. I’ll be attending all the speaker sessions all weekend and several of the breakout sessions, don’t hesitate to come say hi! For those of you who won’t be there in person I’ll be active on my social media doing Facebook Live videos with some of my sober blogger pals, and of course uploading tons of pictures. Be sure to follow me on Facebook and Instagram and follow the hashtag #SheRecoversNYC.
5. Mingling, marketplace, and breakout sessions galore – In-between the speakers there are several breakout sessions that you can sign up for that target specific recovery related topics: writing your recovery, desire un-numbed (sex!), sugar freedom, coach or be coached, after 9/11 trauma and addiction, and Elena Brower’s Ritual to Recovery. Besides all of these wonderful topics, there will be a marketplace where many artists and designers will be selling their books and products like malas, clothes, tank tops, coffee mugs, etc. A light buffet lunch is included on Saturday, as well as a plated dinner. Sunday will include a continental breakfast.
There is also a unique opportunity for you to WIN some awesome prizes.
I’ve teamed up with Ekka Recovery, a recovery support subscription box, to give you all a chance to win some AMAZING recovery prizes. We are hosting YOUR ultimate recovery giveaway, which gives you a chance to win:
· 1 Live Stream ticket to She Recovers NYC
· 1 Ekka Recovery box
· 1 Custom “Live from NYC” box of goodies
There will be 3 winners! The contest is running from now until April 25, so enter soon!
ENTER THE ULTIMATE RECOVERY GIVEAWAY HERE [This contest is now CLOSED - updated 5/4/17]
I hope to see you all in New York City for some recovery bonding and enlightenment, and if not, I hope you’ll watch live and stay updated through social media.
To purchase digital tickets to She Recovers NYC – CLICK HERE.